Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Corn Silk Tea & Bladder Infections

I have had several of my daughters and many clients ask me what I would do for bladder infections. Uncle Stanley taught me to use the silk off of corn on the cob. You just make a tea with it and drink about one to two quarts a day for a few days. Although, usually one day will do it. You don't want to use the dark brown silk on the end of the corn, always use the nice silk wrapped around the cob of corn. He said to put 3 Tab. of silk per quart. You bring your water to a boil and then take it off the heat. Put your corn silk in and let it steep for about 20 minutes. You can add Peppermint to it to give it a nice flavor. Peppermint is known to aid digestion and to calm nerves. The corn silk is known to also help alleviate water retention. He even had me use it on my kids that were bed wetters. I could give them a cup of tea before bed and they would not pee the bed! It was amazing. Almost everyone says this sounds too simple and it truly is, but it really really works. I also used it when I was retaining a ton of water with one of my pregnancies. I drank a gallon during the afternoon and evening on a Sunday. I was in the bathroom peeing all night long, but in the morning I wasn't swollen at all and I never did balloon back up to where I had been before! I pray this will help someone out there that hasn't been able to find an answer, God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment